DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > General Product Questions and Information

General Product Questions and Information Questions and information that apply to all DTO products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM

Default DTO Software

Ive recently added DTO Garage Plus and The Vendor tools, these all seem like nice addons. I am thinking about adding clubs as I own a snowmobile, atv, dirt bike site. I deal with the clubs on a weekly basis. And I belong to a club as well and we are thinking about having just a webpage and then linking over to this, be cheaper and better. With adding all the software does this slow down my website? I run of 2 - quad core dedicated servers. There are times my forum has over 1000 people online and don't want to create any issues. http://www.snowandmud.com

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Ron,
I just got back from a week long trip (didn't take my computer) and wanted to follow up. We have a number of sites that have high traffic loads. Regardless of what type of software you are using you will likely need to tune MySQL, PHP, implement caching, etc. as your site continues to build traffic. For our software we make every effort to prevent any associated system loading and, to date, the only product we've seen to have performance impact is our ShowCase product. The reason being that due to its flexibility in data modeling creates higher query loads when it is being used. This was found on a site that regularly has 3,000-4,000 users online at any given time.

For all of our other products we have not seen any evidence of any performance impacts. Given this I would feel comfortable having you deploy Clubs, Garage Plus, and Vendor Tools all, at the same time, on your site.

Thanks!

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!