DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > General Product Questions and Information

General Product Questions and Information Questions and information that apply to all DTO products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Default DTO Showcase questions

I guess I have nowhere else to ask this, since I'm not the one who purchased the product. I'm doing custom development work for a client who wants modifications to their Showcase. They want two things done: Email and web address fields to automatically turn into links, and displaying custom fields in the random/featured module.

I'm working on the queries for the modules, so that's no big problem, though help figuring out how to pull this info from the tables would be appreciated.

My question is, where are the "attribute types" defined so I can create a custom type that automatically links these fields?

Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Attributes of this type aren't supported...at least from an easy configuration and entry perspective. What we've done with clients needing this type of thing is do a bit of custom work to provide a custom ShowCase entry display. What this means is that we use a text field to capture the desired URL when the user enters it. When another user views that garage the custom display knows to look for that particular entry and render it as a URL in the resulting display.

The way we do this is by using the hook "showcase_custom_display" so that, if defined, the custom display is used rather than the standard display. Obviously how to go through this is not something we have documented because, to date, we've only had a single customer need us to do this. For now I would take a look at this and see if this might be a means to support your need.

Thanks

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator

BTW - what customer is this for?

Thanks

Mark
Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. I'll send you a PM.