DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Product and Plugin Discussion > Requests

Requests Have a favorite free mod that is no longer supported on vBulletin.org? Request it and we'll see if it will be possible for us to take over the development of the modification going forward.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Default ShowCase Transfer

Another need that came up, was what happens if an item described was sold/traded to another member. Instead of a member deleting it and then the buyer recreating the item in his own showcase, it would be very useful if a showcase item could be transferred to another member.

For example, if I described a 1200W Car Amp which I later sold to memberB, it would be helpful to be able to get rid of that item from my showcase and after sending it (perhaps after approval from memberB) it would show up in his showcase.

This way there's no data loss and content is preserved. Chances are once that showcase item is removed it will never be re-created.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 AM

Could you quote me this as custom work?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Administrator

I've replied to the ticket you opened regarding this customization. Thanks!

Mark
Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

I would love this to see to that you can edit username's of showcases!?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Are you referring to the showcase name rather than the username of the showcase owner?

If so, it is editable by the owner of the showcase at any time. Otherwise if you are wanting to edit it as an admin we currently recommend using the Cyb Login as User Account plugin. In a future release we are considering implementing direct editing by admins of user showcases similar to what we do in the Garage product.

Thanks

Mark
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Are you referring to the showcase name rather than the username of the showcase owner?

If so, it is editable by the owner of the showcase at any time. Otherwise if you are wanting to edit it as an admin we currently recommend using the Cyb Login as User Account plugin. In a future release we are considering implementing direct editing by admins of user showcases similar to what we do in the Garage product.

Thanks

Mark
Yes i mean the username not the name of the showcase... but hope it will included in the next update!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure I understand the need to change the username. Are you wanting to transfer a ShowCase from one user to another or something else?

Since usernames are tied to a user's account I would not want to change the username via ShowCase since it would affect that account across all aspects of vBulletin.

Mark