DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Product and Plugin Discussion > Requests

Requests Have a favorite free mod that is no longer supported on vBulletin.org? Request it and we'll see if it will be possible for us to take over the development of the modification going forward.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Default Comments, groups and ratings.

I read a post asking about user comments in the Showcase product. I too would like this feature along with ratings.

Another would be groups. The vBulletin groups are a great feature with little purpose. Honestly, unless you are directed there for a reason, members won't use it.

I would like to see a "Private" showcase have an invitation system based on vBulletin groups. If you have a car club invite only members of the car club to your "Showcase" group.

Scott
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

In the next release of ShowCase we are considering integrating a basic comment and rating system. In your group example can you tell me more about how you would use a feature like this? In order to consider something for development we need to evaluate the effort to bring that feature to market as well as its general application for all of customers. If, for some reason, it doesn't have general application we can usually support it through some type of consulting engagement.

Thanks!

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Here is my scenario:

My forums are based on hunting and fishing. Not sure if you dabble in either of them but if you do, I'm sure you understand how territorial they are on their hot spots.

I have many members with hunting and fishing buddies also on the forum, they want to display their information but often get a million questions on location and other specifics. This will prevent them from starting their own showcase and has prevented them from sharing pictures and information to their buddies on the forum. If they had the ability to tie vBulletin groups and Showcase together they would take advantage of the Showcase product and groups feature.

Hope this makes sense.

Scott
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Administrator

It certainly does. In my free time (very little these days) I'm a photographer. Landscape photography is much the same. People don't want to share their secret locations ;)

If you allowed a showcase that you mark private to be shared with your buddy list would that fill the need you are looking for? In essence if you have someone listed as a buddy you they would be able to see your private showcase. This could be done on a showcase-by-showcase basis.

Mark
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Yes, that could work well. I will get back to you on that.

Scott
Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 AM

That is a feature I am interested in aswell as it is something that I have currently on my website and it is quite popular