DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > DTO Garage

DTO Garage Our free vBulletin product. Ask any questions you may have prior to downloading your copy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Director - Product Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by valexv View Post
any updates, i see 3.8.x version has been updated, what about 4.0???
Funny you should ask. We've been chasing a pretty elusive bug in the latest update that we think we may have finally found. Testing on vB 4.0.4 - 4.0.8 is currently underway to verify.
Drive Thru Online
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:49 AM

sweet, hope to get it soon, could you guys notify me when available.

also as soon as i get a job and have money to spend, i will be buying plus!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Administrator

I wanted to follow up to Nathan's comment about the next version of Garage for vB4. This is the Garage Plus version and not the free version. We currently are backlogged enough on our paid products that it will be some time before we can offer a free version of Garage for vB4. Unfortunately, since I do most of the development, there aren't enough hours in the day to do my regular day job and do the number of products that I would like to.

Best regards,

Mark
Old 12-14-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I wanted to follow up to Nathan's comment about the next version of Garage for vB4. This is the Garage Plus version and not the free version. We currently are backlogged enough on our paid products that it will be some time before we can offer a free version of Garage for vB4. Unfortunately, since I do most of the development, there aren't enough hours in the day to do my regular day job and do the number of products that I would like to.

Best regards,

Mark
Hi,

Are there any major issues with installing the current 1.1.3 version on to a new vb4 install?

Can I edit the vb4 headers etc, so that I can get this intefaced?

Cheers
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Yes...it will not work. Making it work with vB4 is much more complex. You have to completely change how variables are passed to templates and also completely rework the templates to use the new syntax, css, etc. It would take you several weeks worth of work to do that. Given that Garage Plus is working on vB4 and is $95.00 it would be much more economical to purchase it than to attempt converting the code yourself.

Mark
Old 12-14-2010, 01:34 PM

Yeah I was just looking and only got to the section of adding it to the control panel lol, all the rawphrase details are different too...

I totally agree that $95 is a snip for the install but the issue I have is that we used to use vb_garage however after upgrading vb lots of things just packed up lol... I'm not 100% sure if its what we want, and I really wanted to test it out first before buying it. - just to see how well our users would use it, rather that take a $95 punt - we have tried a different garage thing but its such a pain to get the right system lol :)

Would you have any issues with me playing with the free version - I'm not 100% sure about the licensing agreements you use :)

Just thinking it migh help you out too by freeing up your time - leaving you time do work on your other paid projects?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Your welcome to experiment with what you have for your own purposes. The only restrictions we have are that you don't redistribute or sell it.

Thanks

Mark
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 AM

any updates,

i updated to 4.0 since on your website it said coming soon, 6 months later and looks like it isn't even a focus to work on i suggest to remove coming soon for 4.x if there are no plans
Old 01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Administrator

I've removed the coming soon in the requirements for Garage. We currently have a backlog of work to do across all of our paid products so I suspect it will be some time before we are able to revisit the free version of Garage.

Mark