DTO vBulletin Product Support

Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default The "Likes Tree" - Development Update

Hello all,

I can confidently say that the current implementation is very close to final at this stage. Some updates may follow, but those would mostly be style changes applied via CSS.

There are MANY considerations involved in the development of this feature, and a lot of thought went into them. I'm especially proud of the design considerations pertaining to the performance implications.

As you may have noticed, the final version requires a click to load the data, and subsequent "views" also require a click. AJAX is used to load the data on-demand, and the "calculations" required by the different filters are *only* executed *if* the user requests such views. There is a wait-time after each click, but it's rather minimal, and I feel is a really small price to pay considering we've virtually eliminated any performance impact of the feature on showthread.

Please help us test it out in different browsers/configurations. Keep a close eye on the consistency of the different UI details, like rounded corners, shadows, highlighting, etc. Also watch for loading times and report any anomalies to the devs.

Also, if you have suggestions for usability improvements, those are always welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails

Posted on vBSEO.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

Nice one will check this out!:D Is this downloadeble or will it be downloadeble... It is a kind of facebook tingy

Last edited by patrick; 11-23-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Director - Product Support

Patrick, this is not a DTO product but is from vBSEO.
Drive Thru Online
Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah i have vBSEO but how can i get that plugin... will they release it!?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Director - Product Support

I was about to point you to the vBSEO thread on their site but looks as if you found and Mort answered your questions.
Drive Thru Online
Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Yes:D i see nice thing they added to vbseo i thougt the maked a plugin seperate from vbseo but not it will be included in the next vbseo... didn't know that!