DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Off-topic discussion relating to community operation and management not covered in any of our other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Administrator

I've started work on vB4 support for our products be will need some time to get them in a state that I want to release.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:07 PM

I had trouble with the CMS so I revirted back to 3.8.4
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM

I am having stylevar nightmares. I just finished my test site www.anglingne.com

I think it turned out pretty good. They still have a long way to go on the stylevars though, still many areas we cannot touch yet unless we change the css file.

Scott
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Director - Product Support

Looking good...Yeah, I've been playing around with some styling when I want to drive myself batty. For some reason I'm just not grasping this stuff as quick as I like. Change one thing and 6 others change too.

Perserverance will pay off.
Drive Thru Online
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 AM

That is what I am finding also. Honestly I only have one border and one footer stylevar that is not working the way I want it to, then I am completely done. I am going to send a couple of suggestions to the vBulletin team just to see what they can do. Build 4.1 may have 3,000 stylevars, who knows :). Honestly, if you are going to have the stylevar system the end user should have complete control over every element no matter how many, too many areas are using the same element. The documentation needs to get much better and explain how changing one stylevar will effect several templates.

Scott
Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Director - Product Support

Please don't even get me started on the documentation. As a Technical Writer by trade I am deeply troubled that a manual was not included with 4.0.The fact they kept saying the the 3.8 manual is close enough andf to muddle through or ask on the forums deeply offends my senses...

Enought of that though...we will get through this :-)
Drive Thru Online
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Could not agree more Nathan... : )