DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > DTO Garage Plus

DTO Garage Plus Pre-sales questions regarding our Garage Plus product for vBulletin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 02:16 AM

Default Widgets for vBulletin CMS

Would love to have widgets for cms & forum for Garage in place of vbadvanced modules.
Vbadvanced is getting a bit tired now and vbcms has much more possibilities for a tidy integrated board.
Personally think it would improve your sales.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Administrator

In Garage Plus 2.0.2 we include information on how to add a forum widget to display random garages. You can view this information in our help by going to the Administrator/Add A Forum Block section.

The biggest problem with delivering widgets right now is that vB does not provide any means to bundle them in some type of xml file so that they can be easily installed and configured. Right now anything we do in this regard requires lots of documentation to walk customers through each step. That said we thought we would try offering this forum block and see how our customers receive it.

Thanks

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

Nice also for showcase customers?
Old 12-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

It would be a different forum widget to develop for ShowCase since the way it handles images is different. I don't have anything like this scheduled right now since only a couple of customers are running ShowCase on vB4.

Mark
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
In Garage Plus 2.0.2 we include information on how to add a forum widget to display random garages. You can view this information in our help by going to the Administrator/Add A Forum Block section.

The biggest problem with delivering widgets right now is that vB does not provide any means to bundle them in some type of xml file so that they can be easily installed and configured. Right now anything we do in this regard requires lots of documentation to walk customers through each step. That said we thought we would try offering this forum block and see how our customers receive it.

Thanks

Mark
I did this, but the size of the images are a bit big. lol
I realize this is old, but would love something for CMS / Forum Blocks

Side bar is about the width of 2.5 images, is there any way to adjust that.?
2x2 would be fine, or a bigger pic of just 1 on top of another or even just one image that changes would be cool.!

*edit*

I read further. got it fitted. :)

But would be cool to add something to CMS frontpage too.!

*edit*
It works for a widget too. :)

Thanks

Last edited by Chili; 04-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

Msy i ask how you did it to work as a widget? Also the sidebar/block forum does not work for me! The images don't show up because the image name it's generating does not exist!

Ook working now it is needed to turn on vBadvanced

But now i want to know is it possible to do as a widget?

Last edited by patrick; 11-15-2012 at 02:58 PM.