DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > DTO Garage Plus

DTO Garage Plus Pre-sales questions regarding our Garage Plus product for vBulletin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Default Garage broken after upgrading to vBulletin 4.2.2 PL 1

Hello there -

I purchased Garage Plus for two of my forums. (And am likely to purchase it again for a third... :) )

After applying the vB upgrade today, the garage stopped working.

Notes:
  • the garage path in the navigation tab is now wrong (points to /dto_garage.php instead of /forum/dto_garage.php)
  • calling the garage directly produces a blank page, eg: http://mirageforum.com/forum/dto_garage.php
  • showthread.php returned a blank page until I disable the product.
  • enabling the product, but disabling just the DTO Garage Postbit Pop-up Menu plugin permits showthread.php to work
  • in the Admin CP, all DTO Garage Plus menu options below "Manage Settings" return a blank page
  • I set up custom output on my home page that queries the garage data. The home page now returns a blank page if this first line of garage code is run: require_once('./includes/functions_dto_garage_common.php'). I have the garage section commented out for now on the home page.
Please advise!

Thanks,
Darin

Last edited by aveoforum; 03-15-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 AM

Additional info:

When I enable PHP debug info, I get the following error when calling the main garage script (/dto_garage.php):

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function log_vbulletin_error() in /xxx/xxx/xxx/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5750
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:45 AM

Additional info:

With debug info on my home page, I get:

Quote:
Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_dto_garage_common.php on line 1607

or

Fatal error: Call to undefined function log_vbulletin_error() in .../forum/includes/class_core.php on line 5750
Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Default Temporary fix found ... by commenting out a line

Commenting out line 1607 in .../includes/functions_dto_garage_common.php stops the error messages [UPDATE ... only stops the error on the garage index; the individual garage pages are still broken] , even after re-enabling the garage related postbit plugin mentioned above.

Line 1607:

Quote:
// $bbcode_parser =& new vB_BbCodeParser($vbulletin, fetch_tag_list());
Presumably this means BBCODE is no longer working in the garage. Haven't tested it yet.

Last edited by aveoforum; 03-16-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 03-15-2014, 04:48 PM

A bit more info:

Successfully upgraded the other forum, which is running an older version of Garage Plus. No Garage issues.

Considering we'd like to upgrade this older version of Garage Plus, hopefully the issue we saw today will be addressed.

Standing by!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:33 PM

I mistakenly reported that the garage was working after commenting out line 1607. Only the garage INDEX started working.

I've just noticed that individual garage pages are reporting errors. Each is related to the BBcode processing. Commenting out lines 1650 and 1624-1629 stops the errors, but now I see post #1 (vehicle details) is missing.

So, the garage is still broken.

Last edited by aveoforum; 03-16-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 PM

After removing the ampersand from line 1607, and un-commenting-out the related BBcode lines (listed in post #6) it no longer throws a warning/error

But the first post of the individual garage thread is still missing.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:17 PM

Default SHOWTHREAD template edits re-applied: Post 1 garage info showing now

The vB upgrade overwrote template edits related to the Garage.

I had to repeat step #9 of the installation procedure, making edits to the SHOWTHREAD template to enable the display of $dto_garage_vehicle data as the first post.

Things appear to be working properly again.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:33 PM

Are you talking about performing this step? (taken from the manual)

Edit SHOWTHREAD Template
  1. Search for </head>
  1. Immediately before insert the following:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/clientscript/dto_garage/lytebox.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/clientscript/dto_garage/lytebox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{vb:raw vbcsspath}dto_garage.css" />
  1. Still in the SHOWTHREAD template search for the following code:
<div id="postlist" class="postlist restrain">
<vb:if condition="$show['threadedmode'] OR $show['hybridmode']">
  1. Immediately before this line insert the following:
{vb:raw $dto_garage_vehicle}

Last edited by gholsie; 04-01-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:39 PM

Update, I just looked at my SHOWTHREAD template and the section before </head> was missing. I added that part again and my garage is working.