DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > Pre-Sales Questions > DTO Garage Plus

DTO Garage Plus Pre-sales questions regarding our Garage Plus product for vBulletin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM

Default free text/select from list and advanced search

I have a few questions about this product for my car site (SaabWorld Forums - Saab forum, blog, media, news (9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 900, 9000) - Home).

1) In the demo, it shows that make, model and color are free text fields. Can it be set so you can only select from a pre-set list of make and models in order to prevent user typos and incorrect entries? For example, 9-3, 9-5, 900, 9000 etc for the model names; green, black, white, red etc for the color names?

2) in the Advanced Search, is there the possibility to browse by model through a drop-down box through the same pre-determined list as in #1? Or even better, is there a possibility for menu item Browse by Model in addition to Browse by Username, Browse Recently Added etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Director - Product Support

Thanks for the interest in our Garage Plus product.

Currently these are free text fields and are not constrained with a pre-set list. We have discussed adding this functionality in a future update of the product.

In theory one could limit a search by model. However, that entry in the dropdown list would be limited to one Model. The workaround would be to use the search results URL for each Model and add them to the dropdown list. This could be combersome if there were many Models.
Drive Thru Online
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM

I checked out a few of the sites using Garage but I didn't see any comments from other users on member Garages. Can registered users comment on Garages at all?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to patrick

No there is no comment function in DTO products yet!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Administrator

There isn't for several reasons. We currently have four major products each with two variants each (vb3 and vb4). Given that we're just short of launching our Clubs for vB4 product, are in the process of doing maintenance releases of all other products and variants, and I'm the only developer I haven't started work on commenting yet for our products that it makes sense for. As soon as I get these updates out and get the holidays behind me I'll likely start work on this functionality in January. I'll be soliciting input on this feature so look for an email to all Garage Plus and ShowCase customers after the first of the year.

Thanks

Mark