DTO vBulletin Product Support

Go Back   Drive Thru Online - Support | Drive Thru Online vBulletin Products > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Off-topic discussion relating to community operation and management not covered in any of our other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Default Is Facebook bad for Forums.?

Do you think Facebook is hurting forums.?

Do people use forums less, because of Facebook.?

Is adding "Like" buttons & utilizing the easy registration option, shooting ourselves in the foot.?

At first i wanted to integrate everything possible into my forums, but now i'm starting to think its not going to help as much as its going to hurt. I mean we may get some new users, but i think we're going to lose much more in activity.

Maybe we need to create a Forum Ring, that integrates different (related) forums into each other, & cut Facebook out of the picture.!!
(Work on that mod DTO.!)

Thoughts.?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to IGOTA Send a message via Yahoo to IGOTA

I think it really depends on how you use Facebook and your forum. Facebook can't hold the information like a forum can, but it can help fuel your forum if you do it right.
"Philippians 4:13"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Do you think Facebook is hurting forums.?

Do people use forums less, because of Facebook.?

Is adding "Like" buttons & utilizing the easy registration option, shooting ourselves in the foot.?

At first i wanted to integrate everything possible into my forums, but now i'm starting to think its not going to help as much as its going to hurt. I mean we may get some new users, but i think we're going to lose much more in activity.

Maybe we need to create a Forum Ring, that integrates different (related) forums into each other, & cut Facebook out of the picture.!!
(Work on that mod DTO.!)

Thoughts.?
Forum is about a particular topic so people using facebook instead of forum is a myth. But you must integrate facebook with forum this will only benefit of your forum as people can easily share content on their fb page.

Tags
facebook , forums