DTO vBulletin Product Support

Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Default Demo Site

I'd suggest creating a demo site where users can play with your tools and see how they work. The demo videos are nice but it's hard to really see how it would work.

For example, when I see the showcase demos it looks like a lot of text boxes and I wonder if users would get confused or not want to spend that much time filling everything out. If I could see it in action that would help.

I think demo sites are important for any product.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Director - Product Support

We've discussed this and frankly products such as ShowCase are quite complex. Letting someone free without guidance could potential be quite confusing.

A ShowCase can be as simple or complex as the site owner and the members want. There will always be those members that will fill in every detail no matter how trivial and those that will only enter a few basics. The site admin has to understand their community well enough to provide the correct balance.

Please be sure to view the video in larger format. They were all recorded in in HD to support viewing the details.

I'd be happy to demo any or all of our products on a live site. Please contact me any time to schedule.
Drive Thru Online
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
We've discussed this and frankly products such as ShowCase are quite complex. Letting someone free without guidance could potential be quite confusing.
Frankly that's why I haven't purchased it yet... it looks REALLY complex. My users would be lost! If it's to complex to demo to potential buyers maybe that's something that needs fixed? I'm not trying to be critical here but just help things move in the right direction.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM

The video shows quite a bit of the interface the site admin uses to create the various showcase types. The end user would be presented with a "form" that is very simple to navigate and complete.

I've found when demoing ShowCase to potential clients there is that "ah-hah" moment when the light bulb goes on brightly and they can see the many ways ShowCase can be used for their sites. We are always striving to make our demos online better and are open to comments and suggestions.
Drive Thru Online
Old 08-28-2009, 11:55 AM

Even if you don't have the backend open but install the products on this site and let us use them as a client would that would help.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM

The age old shoemakers kids running around with holes in their shoes issue...

We do intend on putting our products on the site to be used but priorities have stymied their deployment...
Drive Thru Online
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Any update on this? I'd love to be able to play with the products and see the differences between Garage Plus and Showcase from an end users perspective. I really don't want to sign up and upload crap to one of your customers sites which seems to be the only option I have now.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM

I'd be happy to schedule a demo on my site. You can see both the front and back end.
Drive Thru Online
Old 11-24-2009, 02:06 PM

OK, let's do that next week. I want to see the differences between showcase and garage plus and also a better look at vendor tools.

Drop me an email.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
Even if you don't have the backend open but install the products on this site and let us use them as a client would that would help.
That would be very coool. :)